Friday, June 14, 2013

German Pancake

 There are just somethings that stick with you from when you where young.  I remember my baby sister, Kristy loving German Pancakes.  I have had them in the past but my sister had a deep love for them when she was younger.  My son was in a rut as to what to have for breakfast this morning.  Bored with eggs, cereal, waffles and pancakes.  I asked him if he wanted to try a German Pancake..."um...sure?"  Was his response.  I whipped up this pancake and couldn't help but go back in time when Kristy's eyes would light up seeing it done.  Here's to you Kristy...

German Pancake


3 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup whole milk
3 TBSP sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2  tsp vanilla

2 TBSP butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place 2 TBSP butter in pan (Preferrably a cast iron skillet but I just used a round cake pan).  Allow butter to melt.  Mix eggs, flour, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla together.  Pour into skillet or pan.  Cook for 15 minutes.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with fresh fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment