Monday, March 15, 2010

How many girl scout cookies did you buy?

That is exactly what my darling hubby asked me when he saw them sitting on the counter. I tried to be calm and said "Just 5 cases". "WHAT? How much did that cost?" I replied "Oh only about $200". He just looked at me. I tried to use the excuse that I HAD to buy them for our food storage. If disaster strikes a girl must have her cookies, right?!
Honestly, how can you put a price on such wonderfulness? I love, I mean LOVE girl scout cookies. The hard part is trying to decide which ones to eat! How do you eat them? One box at a time or do you mix it up? I have to mix it up! They are to yummy to just choose one flavor.


Of couse, I had to get the classic! Thin Mints, who doesn't like mint and chocolate together. Along with the crunch of the chocolate wafer cookie in the middle. MMMM!

Peanut Butter, sweet, Peanut Butter! Oh how I love the Do-Si-Dos. Peanut Butter has to be the best taste next to chocolate. My daughter ate a whole box of these delicious babies all by herself already. I love the creamy peanut butter in the middle.

I get the Trefoils as a reminder of my childhood. I remember my mom always ordering these shortbread cookies. The melt in your mouth texture of this cookie. Butter--need I say more. As my mom would say--"HANDS OFF THESE ARE MINE!"

I tried a new cookie this year. The Lemon Chalet Creme. I love lemon and sugar. I have high expectations for these cookies. I have not tried them yet but I am going to right now! Hold on just a second. Oh yeah! De-lish.

I think I saved the best for last. SAMOAS. Oh my word. How can something so little pack such wonderful flavor. Chocolate, caramel, coconut, crunchy cookie. I am feeling lite headed. I don't know if it is the SAMOAS talking or if it is a sugar rush! Maybe my blood sugar dropped, I doubt it, but just in case I had better eat just one more cookie--OK, well, maybe 2 or 3 or 4 more. Somebody stop me!

1 comment: