Saturday, January 2, 2010

NEW YEAR! NEW ME!

I have decided to try the ever popular HCG diet. I would like to lose up to 30 lbs. I have tried and have been successful losing some weight on my own but a friend turned me on the the idea. Hi, Heather--thanks! I started a couple of days ago.
The first two days were awesome. I took my HCG and then I was suppose to eat the most fattening foods I could eat. However, I was not hungry so I did not eat all of the fattening food that I wish I would have. Then came the 500 calorie (very low calorie diet-VLCD) phase which lasts a minimum of 26 days and a maximum of 40 days. You can take your HCG injected, orally and cream. I do orally. This is how is breaks down:
I get no breakfast
I can drink all of the tea, coffee and water that I want (too bad I do not drink tea or coffee, so water it is).
For lunch:
100 grams of chicken or beef (you can have pork and fish also but--yuck)
1 of either: apple, orange or 1/2 of a grapefruit
1 of either: cabbage (2 cups), lettuce (2 cups), tomato (1 cup), cucumber (2 cups), radishes (1 cup)--there are others but--yuck
1 melba toast (yes 1 little round one)
For Dinner:
Same options as above but you cannot eat the same items twice in a row.
Day 1: Gorge (morning weight: 152.6 energy: ext. low)
Day 2: Gorge (morning weight: 152.4 energy: ext. low)
Day 3: 500 calorie (morning weight: 154.8 energy: ext. low)***weight gain is expected from gorging
Day 4: 500 calorie (morning weight: 150.8 energy: massivelly low and headache)***expected, the body is getting rid of toxins.
Day 5: 500 calorie (morning weight: 149.2 energy: good)
Day 6: 500 calorie (morning weight: 148.2 energy: ok)***exercised last night burned more calories than took in, 602 calories burned
I will hopefully make a daily log from here on out about my experience both the good, the bad and the ugly. Maybe I might even be brave enough to post before and after pictures. My plan of action? Stay busy. The last two days I have been taking down and putting away christmas. Watch out house you are getting organized!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment