Saturday, September 24, 2016

Teacher Assistant

I am starting out on a new adventure.  I am working on becoming a teacher.  Utah has a new certification program for those that already have a four year degree.  I have now taken on the role of being a Teacher Assistant to some cute and adorable first graders.  I can use this job to get my practical experience underway.  The school I am working with has two teachers and two classes that switch.  I move between the two of them.  One teacher teaches math and science.  The other teachers English.  Then different teachers come in to teach art, technology and they go to PE.  I love that I get to see the different styles of teaching from the two mentors that I have.  I have been doing some research on how the math teacher can best use some dominoes in his classroom.  We are currently working on number Associative Property of Addition.  I made this worksheet to use with dominoes to reinforce this concept to the kids.  I have it up on Teachers Pay Teachers as a freebie.  You can see it HERE.  Here is what it turned out like.  Happy Days my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment